As a French, I've heard many classical musics so far, as instance, among plenty others:
- Symphony No. 40 In G Minor, K.550 — Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Symphony No. 9 In D Minor, Op.125 'Choral': Ode to Joy — Ludwig van Beethowen
- Toccata and Fugue in D Minor — Johann Sebastian Bach
- Prelude In C Major, BWV 846 — Johann Sebastian Bach
- In the Hall of the Mountain King — Edvard Grieg
- Eine kleine Nachtmusik K.525, Allegro — Wolfang Amadeus Mozart
- Le carnaval des animaux, R. 125 (Arr. for 2 Pianos & Orchestra): XIV. Finale — Camille Saint-Saëns
- Piano Concerto No. 5 In E Flat major Op.73 - 'Emperor': 3.Rondo (Allegro) — Ludwig van Beethoven
- The list is really lengthy and could last for so long...
As you can notice all those musicians come from Europe. So I was wondering if there were other extremely famous 'Classical' music that come from America, Asia or Africa for example. Some 'must known' musics that have also cross the centuries. Would the instruments be the same? Why haven't I heard any of them while we can access so many things on the internet. Tell me how to change that and let me discover such 'Non European' 'Classical' musics!
If this is too broad, I'm ok to focus my question on Asia only, as I have Asian origins :) I'm also ok to focus only on America or North America if this is more appropriate for StackExchange!