I have a problem to recognize one orchestral percussion instrument. It is used by some composers while battle drums play. It's a clicky sound, something like castanets, anvil, chains hit. It's played for example in World of Warcraft from 0:25, or Risen 2 from 0:55.

Does anyone know what this instrument is called, or how to reproduce this sound effect?

  • No reason to exclude it's being pure synth – Carl Witthoft Jun 2 '20 at 12:23
  • 1
    The first sounds like taiko/kodo sticks - used by film music composers/percussionists far more than by actual kodo drummers, cos they're in the sample set & they're not trying to be accurately Japanese. – Tetsujin Jun 2 '20 at 13:27
  • 1
    I’m voting to close this question because it better fits Music Fans section with identify-this-instrument tag . – guidot Jun 2 '20 at 13:53
  • You could also score this as a simple stick click, i.e. wooden sticks such as those used by a snare drummer. – jaybrau Jun 2 '20 at 17:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy