What is this called What is this called in black gospel singing when the quartet sings I'm gonna reach then the bass sings (I'm gonna reach) then the quartet sings the other side? This example is on the second to last song of this album!

  • 1
    It's a mix of echoing and "call and response", I'd think - I'm not sure there is a specific name for it – Angst Dec 28 '20 at 14:14

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.