The linked file contains a tune that my brother, friend, and I have used as a sound track to accompany minor mischief for many years. We are pretty certain we didn't invent it, but none of us have any idea where it comes from. My brother was kind enough to record it on piano to see if we could find someone who recognized it.
The tune in question: https://soundcloud.com/alex-koeppel-663419841/test-recording/s-T4z82HRPhvL
Note: If there is a better method/format for attaching sound files please let me know for future reference.
Things we have tried:
- Querying friends and family members.
- Identifying the song using SoundHound, both from humming and the linked clip.
- Identifying the sing using Shazam, both from humming and the linked clip.
None of the above have been successful in identifying the song.
A few other points of note:
- We starting "singing" the tune in the early to mid-1990's. The tune is most likely much older, but it has to be at least that old.
- The linked clip is on piano, but I do not believe that the original tune was piano. Possibly some combination of brass instruments or maybe a full orchestra, but this is uncertain recollection.
- The linked clip is at a slower tempo then we (or at least I) remember the tune being.
- Some of those queried have said that it may be from a chase or heist scene in an old movie, or possibly an old Loony Tunes cartoon, but we don't know which move or cartoon.
I greatly appreciate any help that anyone has to offer, as this has been driving me a bit crazy. Thanks.
EDIT: My friend found the song again when watching Looney Tunes with his kids. It's in Looney Tunes, Season 9: Episode 6, Super Rabbit. The song shows up about 6 minutes in, when they are playing basketball using a cannonball. IMDB shows several musical pieces associated with that episode. From what I can tell, none of them are it, but I have a terrible ear for tunes so I might not have recognized it if the arrangement was different.