I am trying to track down an album from my music classes from roughly 25 years ago. Our music teacher would play samples of powerful songs/albums that we could gleam inspiration from. Sadly, my searches over the last 5 to 6 years have come up empty handed. Fortunately I stumbled upon this Exchange and figured I would try my luck.
My memory is rusty but here is what I remember of the album/songs.
- It was produced in or before 1992 but most likely not before 1970.
- The music was produced with a large number and variety of instruments.
- Definitely had a classic rock and/or hard rock score leaning somewhat into metal.
- It had a similar flair as a Broadway musical and may have been a musical.
- I remember the lead singer(s) being predominantly male.
- One of the most familiar songs I think was referring to a battle. I can not remember but it may have been related to Jesus overcoming something or maybe a David vs Goliath. I keep thinking there was something related to a lion in this song as well. The lead singer of this particular song was male.
- It may have been a Christian-music-type production.
- Definitely was not Jesus Christ Superstar even though it would seem to fit the genre and time frame.
- I think of this album when listening to Trans-Siberian Orchestra but I remember the album I'm looking for having more of a story-telling vibe.
I know that is very little to go on but I am happy to answer any questions and I will try to remember more and add it here.
Thank you all for your comments! I am continuing my search and checking all suggestions!
Making a listing of bands/albums it is not.
Alan Parsons Project, "Godspell", "Joseph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".