I am trying to identify a song my mom played on piano when I was little. She learned it by ear approx 60 years ago in Canada (her cousin, also Canadian, taught her) and just knows it as "the russian song." I have transcribed it as best as I remember it.
Things I have done to identify the music:
transcribed and used google goggles to do an image search
- played it for others including 2 piano instructors
- recorded and played for Shazam and SoundHound
- searched using services such as:
- youtube search for terms such as "russian piano" "classical russian piano"
- google search for "russian piano", etc
It may or may not have Russian origin, despite my mom calling it the Russian song. Any help finding it or even identifying whether it indeed sounds Russian, which era it might be from, etc would be greatly appreciated.
I've shared the sheet music and an mp3 in this folder: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SqbAWFEcPhnndeNSr0S2rA2YqTcX3S8Y?usp=sharing