I've had this melody stuck in my head for some time now, and I can't remember the song's name. Neither can I remember any lyrics, so it'll be a bit more difficult to identify.
This is essentially the melody I remember. (Yes, the 6 is totally wrong for noting the triplet but I had difficulties explaining to my computer what a triplet is).
Some other information:
- It was in a book with collection of songs that I don't have access to anymore, somewhere next to Moon River and Fly Me To The Moon.
- It might actually be called something with moon, but I'm uncertain.
- It definitely was more like a campfire song (and in this book it was a version for soprano, alto and bass).
- It might actually have dealt with campfire, the scenario might have been a guy sitting on one campfire looking over to another campfire were his love was sitting and singing about that during nighttime.
- It's definitely not pop or rock.
- It is not "Oh when the saints", despite the first bars sounding a bit similar.
I have went through this list of 50 campfire songs and it's not on there.