In this recording of "Come On In This House" by Junior Wells from 1996, there is a low, rumbling sound and I'm wondering what instrument makes it. It sounds almost like vibes but there are no vibes listed on the album.

Here's a link which should go right to the spot, but if I've fumbled it, it's at about 1:19 and lasts until 1:26 where he sings "I'm begging yooo-ooo".


The sound repeats elsewhere in the song and is a low rumbling sound. You may need headphones. I don't think it's the bass because I hear the bass playing at the same time. I think only acoustic instruments were used on this recording.

  • 1
    It looks like a guitarist shredding on his E string. – Bebs Dec 17 '18 at 16:20
  • 1
    Agree with @Bebs, it's a repeated note on a guitar string – Angst Dec 17 '18 at 21:19

I agree with the comments by @Bebs and @Angst, this definitely sounds like it's from the guitarist rapidly playing a single note.

|improve this answer|||||

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.