8:50~8:53 is this sound a trill? what bowing technique is it?

1 Answer 1


This is not a trill, but a tremolo or "trembling sound". It has the effect of a single sustained note, but it is caused by bowing back and forth very rapidly, and with very small motions.

  • 1
    Thanks for all your answers. Every time, I get impressed with how knowledgeable you are and it really helps me.
    – Esjay
    Feb 23, 2019 at 9:33
  • A trill is a rapid alternation of 2 adjacent notes whereas a tremolo is a single note or a chord played as described in the answer
    – Angst
    Feb 24, 2019 at 14:32

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.