Years ago, I remember seeing (and playing) several Vinyl singles; rather than the more common plastic material, these were printed on a papery-like material that could easily be bent, yet played on a standard record player. Would anybody happen to know what the material used for these types of Vinyls are called?

1 Answer 1


You probably mean flexi discs. These were made of a thin, flexible vinyl sheet, and were sometimes used as a means to include sound with printed material such as magazines and music instruction books before the advent of compact discs.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.